MWFPA is preparing an experience where all individuals on-site, attendees, speakers, staff and venue personnel remain safe, healthy and comfortable throughout the event. The health and safety of our members is our top priority.
We are monitoring the COVID-19 status and are in communication with the team at the Kalahari. Please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for recommendations on how to protect yourself against COVID-19.
Before Leaving Home
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the World Health Organization (WHO), or your local health authority.
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with; contact the meeting/event organizers if you have concerns.
- Stay home if you are experiencing any of these symptoms: temperature over 1OO.4F, loss of taste or smell, cough, runny nose, sore throat, muscle aches, headache.
Follow guidance from your local health authority, for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching eyes. nose. and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- When required, agree to always wear a mask in all areas of the hotel, including the meeting room. You are encouraged to bring your own masks.
- When required, adhere to social distance protocols put in place and respect others· personal space.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be positioned throughout the hotel and our meeting space.
- Notify MWFPA staff immediately if you feel unwell or are experiencing flu-like symptoms. Should you exhibit Covid-19 symptoms or test positive over the meeting dates. you will not be allowed to attend the meeting. Any additional expenses you may incur to quarantine or return home will be your responsibility.