Following is a series of links received from the American Frozen Food Institute designed to answer questions you may have relative to the COVID19. Of perhaps most interest is the first link to the FDA’s frequently asked questions for the general public.
MWFPA continues to monitor this situation with regard to upcoming member events and will let members and participants know if there are any schedule changes.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has released Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) frequently asked questions (FAQ) for the general public. The questions surrounding COVID-19 cover general information, drugs, medical devices and tests, and food products. This page also contains a list of disinfectants approved by EPA for use against SARS–CoV-2 (virus that causes COVID-19). The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) does not recommend any additional disinfection beyond routine cleaning at this time.
Currently, there is no evidence to suggest that COVID-19 is transmitted through consumption of shelf-stable, refrigerated or frozen foods. Food or food packaging also have not been associated with transmission. It is important to follow everyday preventive actions to avoid the spread of the disease. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has provided interim guidance for business and employers to plan, prepare and respond to COVID-19.
COVID-19 White House Recap
- VIDEO: President Trump Delivers Remarks on the Coronavirus after Meeting with Republican Senators
- VIDEO: President Trump and Vice President Pence Participate in a Coronavirus Briefing with Health Insurers
- Remarks by President Trump After Meeting with Republican Senators
- Remarks by President Trump and Vice President Pence at a Coronavirus Briefing with Health Insurers
- Educational Infographic
- WHO Coronavirus Resource and Q&A
- CDC Coronavirus Resource and Q&A
- FDA Coronavirus Resource
- USDA Coronavirus
- John Hopkins Coronavirus Resource
- EFSA Coronavirus Resource
- OSHA Coronavirus Resource